AN EXTRA $1.18 MILLION TO PROVIDE CRITICAL CHILD CARE SERVICES
Member for Wannon, Dan Tehan has welcomed the allocation of an additional $1.18 million to support vital child care services in the region and help meet the needs of local families.
Mr Tehan said 11 services will receive funding through the Morrison Government’s Community Child Care Fund (CCCF) which helps improve access to child care and increase workforce participation in remote, regional and disadvantaged communities.
“Access to high quality child care is vital to our society and the Morrison Government is investing in programs to improve capacity and services at facilities, allowing more families to be supported,” said Mr Tehan.
“I am delighted to announce the following local facilities are among those to benefit from this funding:
- Glenelg Shire Council received $60,000 for the Karreeta Peeneeyt Mara Portland Child And Family Complex and $150,000 for the Kathleen Millikan Centre
- The Young Men's Christian Association of Ballarat received $120,000 for the Portland YMCA OSHC and $240,000 for the Ararat 800 OSHC and Vacation care ($120,000 community and sustainability respectively)
- Colac Otway Shire Council received $48,000 for the Colac Otway Family Day Care
- Uniting (Victoria and Tasmania) Limited received $162,000 for the Warrnambool Uniting Church Occasional Care Centre
- St Patricks Primary School – Koroit received $75,000 for the St Patrick's Outside School Hours Care
- Corangamite Shire Council received $240,000 for the Corangamite Shire Council Family Day Care Service
- Moyne Shire Council received $47,794 for Hawkesdale & District Family Services Centre and$43,343 for Chatsworth Child Care